Multiple Choice Quiz Question Settings
Article Last Updated June 2021
There are many question types available for quizzes. Multiple choice allows the selection of a single or multiple responses from a predefined list. This article will go over the basics of adding a multiple choice question into an eClass quiz and the various settings available for this question type.
Adding a Multiple Choice Question
On the Edit Quiz screen of the exam, select the Add drop-down arrow, then select a new question
A pop up window will appear with a list of all the question types available to add. Select Multiple choice, then Add.
Editing a Multiple Choice Question
Once you have selected Add, the Editing a Multiple choice question window will load. The first settings available are to establish the main content of the multiple choice question (ie: the title, the question, and the marks). Input the necessary information in the spaces provided by each setting.
The next group of settings are more specific to the layout of the question.
1. General feedback: Can be used if the instructor wants to provide any additional feedback on the question (ie: more information on the correct answer, notes on the question etc..).
Note: Students can only see the general feedback setting once they have submitted their exam and are allowed to review their attempt. The review needs to be set up by the instructor.
2. One or multiple answers: Select between if only one answer is allowed or multiple answers for the question.
3. Shuffle the choices: If this setting is checked off, the order of answers is randomly shuffled for each student's attempt.
4. Number the choices: Allows the option to select how the answers will be displayed to students. Lots of variations are available with the default being a., b., c., d.
5. New June 2021 Show standard instructions: There is now an option to choose if you want the standard eClass instructions displayed before the answer choices.
Selecting Yes will display the Select one: before the answer choices
Selecting No means nothing will display before the answer choices
The next group of settings are specific to the answer choices available for the question.
The terminology ‘Choice’ means the answer choices being given to the student (ie: a., b., c., d.). In the screenshot above there are two answer choices, Green and Blue. By changing the Grade on ‘Choice 2’ to 100%, this indicates Blue is the correct answer to the question.
You can add as many answer choices as needed, by clicking the green Blanks for 3 more choices button.
To preview the question before adding it to the quiz, select Preview. Once you are ready to add the multiple choice question to the quiz, select Save changes.
The question will now appear on the Edit Quiz screen, and will be available to edit at any point until the quiz has been attempted by students.