Uploading Profile Pictures
Last modified on 17 June 2021 02:34 PM
Article Last Updated June 2021
To change your profile picture:
- Navigate to the user drop-down menu by clicking on your name in the top right corner of eClass and select Profile.
- From your profile page, click on the Edit profile link under User Details to access your profile settings. Alternatively, you can also click on the gear icon in the top right of the page header then select Edit Profile.
- Next, scroll down to the 'User picture' area, and in the 'New Picture' field, click on the button 'Add...'. The 'File picker' window will open, prompting you to browse your computer, select an image, and upload the file.
- 4. Users should verify that a correct image file extension (.jpg or .png format) appears in the file name field once they have uploaded their image (and should develop this as a good habit for all file uploads into eClass). Once uploaded, the image will automatically be cropped to a square and re-sized to 100 x 100 pixels. Add a short, but concise descriptor in the 'Picture Description' field.
- When you are finished, click Update profile to save your changes.
- These changes will only be reflected once you have refreshed the page at least once or cleared your browser cache. Many users have reported that their image is not updating immediately after saving and the issue is solved after they clear their cache and reload the page.