This article describes how instructors can set up their classroom computer to use Zoom to record video and audio during their in-person class.
On the podium computer:
- To begin, make sure that the computer has been turned on and the projection system has been turned on
- The computer can be turned on by the button located on the front of the PC that is installed in the AV rack
- The projection system can be turned on by using the control panel located in the room.
- Log in to the computer using your CCID.
- Locate the link for your Zoom meeting by choosing your preferred browser to access your email, eClass, or Zoom account. Chrome is recommended.
- Once you have logged in, select “start meeting” or click on the link you are using to start you Zoom meeting.
- Make sure to select “Use Computer Audio” for the meeting.
- Once the Zoom meeting is opened, set up a Video and an Audio devices:
- Access your video settings by clicking on the arrow next to the “Start Video” button located in the lower left corner of the Zoom window.
- From there, select “video settings”.
- Select the device named “ AV.io HDMI Video” if you would like to use the Room Camera.
- Select the device named “TX - 1/LX-1” or “L-12W” if you would like to use the Document Camera.
- Close the settings window and click “Start Video”.
- Access your audio settings by clicking on the arrow next to the “un-mute” button.
- From there, select “Audio Settings”.
- In the “Microphone” drop down, select “Line In (Realtek(R) Audio)”.
- Take the lapel microphone from the mic drawer, turn it on and test it, you should see the signal from the “Input Level” meter.
- Close the audio settings and “UnMute” your microphone.