Attention eClass users,
Update: The outage has been completed early - eClass was released at 4:30PM.
Please be aware that in June 2021, we will be performing a major version upgrade to eClass. This upgrade will introduce a variety of feature improvements and bug fixes across the site.
The upgrade will require a full system outage, which has been scheduled for Saturday, June 26th from 12:00AM to 11:59PM (24 hours).
The main system features that will change in the new version of eClass are listed below:
- Drag-and-drop question types have received improvements to make embedded images responsive and printable. As such, the hard cap for image sizes in drag-and-drop question types has been removed.
- The page configuration options when using manual grading are now saved as preferences when the page is re-launched.
- A new setting for “Show standard instruction” has been added to Multiple Choice questions as an option to remove the "Select one:" or "Select one or more:” text that appears before a list of answers.
- A new Quiz completion option has been added that will allow a quiz activity to be marked complete with at least one attempt taken.
- Essay question types can now have a maximum file size set.
- The Quiz timer should now scroll down the page automatically as a student navigates through the questions.
- A new external tool called SensusAccess can provide students will self-serve conversions of file resources into alternate accessible formats.
- The Participants page can now be filtered by multiple conditions.
- The collapsed topic format now has an option to view summary alerts in the page for activities including assignments, quizzes, lessons, and more.
- A variety of accessibility improvements have been added, including improved image description lengths, alt text strings, and the switching of several formatting tags to more accessible options.
- Copying and pasting of images into the ATTO text editor has been improved.
- A new completion criterion called ‘previous activity with completion’ has been added to allow instructors to set release criteria based on relative references.
- A new Forum Summary Report has been added to allow a summary report of all forums in a course.
- Instructors can now duplicate grade items in the Gradebook Setup.
- Folder resources will no longer force the download of files that can be opened within the browser.
- Files in the "My private files" area can now be deleted in bulk.
- The assignment activity file converter is being replaced to improve reliability.
- The url of the eClass support portal will be changing to https://support.eclass.ualberta.ca.
If you have any questions about this upgrade, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in testing the latest features coming to eClass and have not yet signed up to be involved in User Acceptance Testing, please contact us for more information.
IST eClass Support