Adding your Twitter Feed to your eClass Page
Last modified on 05 July 2023 04:22 PM
Adding Twitter Feeds to eClass course pages is a great way to communicate course updates to students, or even filter tweets directly concerning particular courses, or education in general using the hashtag key. Hashtags are words or phrases preceded by a hash or pound sign (#) to recognize messages of a specific topic (i.e. #education, #albertaed, etc.)
This article will show you how to create a block on eClass where you can embed the html widget from twitter to pull all of the tweets referencing your course or other specific hashtags.
This article will not show you how to use twitter itself.
Adding Twitter Feeds:
- Toggle on Edit mode, located to the top right corner eClass on your course overview, or the eClass course page you wish to add a Twitter Feed to.
- Navigate to the Add a block found at the top right-hand side of the page.
- Click on Text.
- The page will refresh and a New Text block will automatically appear on the page.
- Click on the gear icon on the right side of the block, then on Configure (New Text block) block to edit the block's settings and content.
- Give the Text block a title.
- In a separate tab or window, open and log in to your Twitter account. (Ensure that you are not using the mobile version of Twitter)
- Once you've logged on, use the following instructions to create a Twitter feed widget: How to embed a timeline.
- After creating a Twitter widget, copy the corresponding HTML code. An HTML code looks like a long version of a URL or weblink, with numbers and letters within it.
- Return to your eClass webpage tab or window.
- Enter the Configure (new Text block) block setting of your new Text block, if not already there.
- At the top of the Content portion of the page, there is a toolbar to edit the content description. There should be multiple (usually 2 or 3) lines displaying in this toolbar; if not, click the top left button of the Content's Toolbar (Show more buttons) to display all of the lines.
- Click the icon to edit the HTML link which looks like this: '</>'.
- Then, paste the HTML code that you copied from your Twitter website in the text box.
- Select Save Changes.
- Your Twitter Feed is now located on the eClass page where the Text block preceded it and you may move it by clicking on the icon with four outward pointing arrows and dragging the Twitter Feed to its desired position.